CF stands for compact and flexible, which highlights the compact size and versatility of the lenses. The goal when designing the Xeen CF lenses was to make a cinematic lens so small and compact as possible without compromise in any ways that would lower the quality.
The 135mm focal length is often chosen for portraits and close-ups. Thanks to the lightweight design of the lens it is perfect for the modern filmmaker that wants to combine it with a camera on a gimbal or drone. With a lightweight lens, it becomes easier to balance a gimbal or drone and therefore increase battery and production time.
Xeen CF series comes with a great optical construction which minimizes focus breathing, supports 8K resolution and gives a cinematic look with outstanding detail reproduction. The great aperture of T2.2 delivers a beautiful bokeh, shallow depth of field and excellent low light performance. Featuring 11 rounded aperture blades, the lens produces a soft and dreamlike bokeh wide open and a crystal-clear crisp sharpness when stopped down. It adds an artistic touch to the film and creates a sense of soft dimension with incredible bokeh, perfect for out-of-focus portrait. Thanks to Samyang's unique X-coating, light reflections and ghosting effects are effectively minimized.
- Covers full-frame sensors and 8K resolution
- X-coating minimizes light reflections
- 11 aperture blades produce beautiful circular bokeh effects
- Parts in carbon fiber provide light and durable lenses
- Standard diameter of 95mm provides compatibility with matt boxes
- Available for Canon EF, Sony E and PL mounts
- Luminous markings makes use easy even in extremely low light
- Unified positions of focus and aperture rings in all models of the series
- Consistent 200-degree rotation angle enables fine focus adjustment